New York new iPad stock levels?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrSingh, Mar 20, 2012.

1. MrSingh macrumors regular

Hi,

My cousin is there until this Friday. I wanted her to pickup 2 of them (a 16Gb and a 32Gb, both wifi only). We are based in the UK so it means a nice saving for me.

> What are the stock levels like in NY?

> Where are the best places/stores for her to be assured getting them?

> Any extra special deals going on anywhere in NY that she should know about?

Thanks in advance guys.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Your cousin has a good chance of getting an iPad for you here. Apple has flooded the market with them--for a change. Although a particular store may run out of a few models from time to time generally all you have to do is check out another store and you'll find it.

There are several Apple stores in the city as well as a number of Best Buys where they are available. J&R music world down by city hall also carries some models.

She should call around first though. You can check stock levels at Best Buy online by zip code (postal code).

3. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! That's good to know. Have whatsapp'd her. Just been chatting to her. She's loving NY btw. But she says she is surprised the food is even more expensive than UK lol.

4. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

Just checked shipping/availability online for over 10-15 NY Best Buys and all are showing as no stock instore for both the models I want :-(

Either they need to sort out the online stock-checking system or it's not looking too good...

Anyone who knows for a fact that any Best Buys/Apple Stores or any other outlets in NY have stock right now, pls do let me know. That's 16Gb and 32Gb wifi only models. Cousin is about to visit an Apple Store right now. She only has intermittent wi-fi but I will try to find out whereabouts she is.

Ps - Ultimately not fussed if they are black or white but prefer black of given option.

5. lilo777 macrumors 603

Best Buy inventory system will not show an item as available if the store has just a few (one, two??) items. The store may still have them, so you can call the store and ask them. Also, iPads are sold in Wal Marts, Targets, Radio Shacks. There is also BH Photo in Manhattan.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I just checked and if you enter zip code 10001 into the field for black 32GB wifi iPads you'll find stock all over the city (at Best Buy). I wasn't able to find any 16GB models though I bet she could find those at one of the many Apple stores. Stock changes daily.

7. bufffilm, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

j&r ain't what they used to be...best retailer with stock is bhphoto on 34th & 9th ave; checked thier site just now and they list both 16 and 32gb black wifi models in stock except they won't accept online orders. i would either go there or to any of the apple stores in manahattan.

your cousin picked a good time to be in nyc for buying the new ipad.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Apple stores in NYC have plenty to go around. Was just there this morning.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Check http://www.apple.com/retail/ipad/ after 10pm Eastern time for reserving at Apple retail stores for pick up the next day.

Not sure if it works with a non-US credit card though?

10. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

Wow thanks guys! Very useful info. Much appreciated.

11. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

12. Khryz macrumors 6502a

The Grand Central store was out of 64 GB data models when I went there yesterday but they had the 32 and 16 ones.

I'll check back today to see if they got a shipment of 64's.

13. Wilkinsons macrumors newbie

Hi,

I will be visiting NYC from abroad a week from now. What is the best tactic for making sure that I get a black wifi 32Gb? Are stock levels OK? Which places take reservations?

14. vjacques macrumors member

all NYC Apple stores are stocked to the brim.