New York Times iPhone Article

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by zirkle2007, May 28, 2008.

1. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/technology/28apple.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin

Does anyone else feel this guy seems a little uniformed? I feel like some of these so called 'analysts' aren't looking at everything. Like the fact that the majority of iPhones sold are to the personal market still. They doubt Jobs' numbers will be reached, but once they introduce Exchange support and all the other features of 2.0, I see sales sky rocketing.

And this guy...

“Subscribers don’t care what the radio interface of their cellular phone is,” Mr. Snyder said.

Where the heck does he get his information? People do care about that! :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much. I think they just need to do a bit more research before publishing such an article.

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Snyder is way off base. If you can't see why Apple is forecasting >10 million iPhones in 2008 by now, they need to get out of the prediction game. It's a very mish mash article, seemingly scraped together, with no coherent form. (Hehe, I should know...).

From the title, it's inaccurate (the guessing game started way earlier than May 28th...)

"radio interface of their cellular phone" ? Anyone care to decipher - is he talking what the UI looks like?

More about Snyder here

3. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Yeah... I began reading that article this morning and found it to be off. What no one seems to be considering when considering how many iPhones will be sold is international sales as well. With all the announcements of it being officially released in many countries overseas it will definitley sell 10 million, if not that number just in the US.

And by radio interface I think he means whether the phone is 3G or EDGE