Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JLee361

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
Texas
Lmao you guys are funny.. And I'm pretty decent. :cool:.. and I sway more towards females so I think you're ****** outta luck. lol

LOL!!... Then we have more in common than u think! Let's chase the pink tacos together! I bet you're a good wing chick...

The New iPad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2012
I've never been to the glass box Apple Store in NYC for launches but for those of you who have, has that particular store EVER run out of stock for anything? I mean, it's their flagship store in the middle of NYC.

ingramLee

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
New York, NY
I live 15 minutes walking to the 5th Ave store and that would be the LAST place I would go to try to get that. I would choose any of the other Apple stores, or Best Buy, or Radio shack, before I tried to go to the never ending flashmob that is 5th Ave Apple.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I live 15 minutes walking to the 5th Ave store and that would be the LAST place I would go to try to get that. I would choose any of the other Apple stores, or Best Buy, or Radio shack, before I tried to go to the never ending flashmob that is 5th Ave Apple.

haha agreed.

Grand Central might be a cool place to pick one up...

illstrumental

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Brooklyn

Exactly. Which is why I chose the Radio Shack on 158th.

nyjets

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2011
CT
I would say either Chelsea or Grand Central.
This will be the first big "release" for the Grand Central one though so I'm not sure if they'll have any bumps because of that. Also, if you're there in the morning you have to deal with an insane bustle of people for a while. Although you get that everywhere. I don't know what I'm getting at..:p

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
I walk through grand central every morning and I don't see any sort of lines forming.. I really wonder how that's going to work. I highly doubt they will allow a line to camp out inside or outside grand central.. what a security risk.

Sebrina

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Staten Island mall, no one ever wants to take the ferry or pay the Verazzano toll to get over here.

The mall has an Apple store, 2 AT&T Stores (one inside the mall one next to the Best Buy), Verizon Store, Sprint Store and 2 Best Buys (one is best buy mobile inside the main mall other a large warehouse store next to the mall). All of this is within 2 minutes (or less, if driving) of each other.

If you can't get a iphone on release here you aren't trying ahrd enough.

EDIT: I left out Radio Shack =P

Last edited:

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
come out to long island. Im sure youll be able to find a store somewhere with no lines. Or little to no lines.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
So I'm still trying to figure out where the best store is to go to. Downtown will be insane..they always are. I'm thinking the Grand Central store....ideas?

juliebeannn

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
NYC
i'm gonna try my luck at a corporate verizon store at 6am.

i also have my name on the wait list w/ 6 different radio shacks by work and home.

*fingers crossed*

bigreat

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Unless the scalpers from China/Hong Kong are planning on paying people to wait in line again, you should be fine. Last year I got to the store in Soho around 5:30am and was fine.

Lol, I believe scalpers have learned to order online. Now, only die hard apple fan boys there, who are intensely mocked by Samsung and the scalpers.....

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I would say either Chelsea or Grand Central.
This will be the first big "release" for the Grand Central one though so I'm not sure if they'll have any bumps because of that. Also, if you're there in the morning you have to deal with an insane bustle of people for a while. Although you get that everywhere. I don't know what I'm getting at..:p

I do wonder how Grand Central will handle it. It is the first major launch for that store. The MTA probably won't let too much of a crowd gather since thousands of commuters use it every day.

The Upper West Side is just as nice looking a store as 5th Avenue, as far as I'm concerned, and while it has crowds, it is never as crazy as 5th Avenue. Even last year, when 5th Avenue was covered up in plywood the store was packed with tourists.

For those with cars, Westchester or NJ stores are probably better bets.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I do wonder how Grand Central will handle it. It is the first major launch for that store. The MTA probably won't let too much of a crowd gather since thousands of commuters use it every day.

The Upper West Side is just as nice looking a store as 5th Avenue, as far as I'm concerned, and while it has crowds, it is never as crazy as 5th Avenue. Even last year, when 5th Avenue was covered up in plywood the store was packed with tourists.

For those with cars, Westchester or NJ stores are probably better bets.

They are not allowing lines until 5:30am.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Anyone knows which entrance will the line start at?

It should be the front entrance, but that's not always the case. With the iPhone 4 I was at the front entrance with a bunch of other people, and a security guard let people in one of the back entrances :/

swissglide

macrumors member
May 9, 2010
Burlington, VT
Whatever happens, *do not* come to Long Island, and especially to Roosevelt Filed! Okay, just kidding, I will be there around 3:30, lining up for the mall entrance.

wiivile

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
is the 5th ave store starting to sell iphones at 12am? is that the only one that is starting at 12am because it's the only store that's open at 12am?

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
It should be the front entrance, but that's not always the case. With the iPhone 4 I was at the front entrance with a bunch of other people, and a security guard let people in one of the back entrances :/

What do you mean by 'front' entrance? There are a number of entrances to GCT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.