New Zealanders, do you think Apple will come here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lalacharlee, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lalacharlee macrumors member

The iphone is increasingly popular over here. A lot of school students have either the 4, 4S and more rarely the 5. But that's just at my school.
    I have a 4S.

I see a lot of people with iphones, either from carriers, or myself from the online NZ apple store (dumb decision on my part because it's harder to claim warranty)
    I should have got one from noelleeming as such but people insisted I get one from apple because it's 'better'. Which I now know isn't true.

As for other apple products, macs make common appearances, and ipads are everywhere. My mother has one and that's what encouraged me to make the change to apple.

So I don't get why they don't have apple stores in the major cities, they are increasing in popularity and I wouldn't mind one closer to home.

So, when do you think they will appear here?

2. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

It took Australia 7 years after the opening of the first US Apple Store to get our first one (even now we don't have that many). I've no doubt you'll get one eventually, more than likely in Auckland, but it's not going to be a pressing priority for Apple seeing as there's only ~4 million people in NZ. Give it a few more years, WA got one after all. ;)

3. buysp macrumors 6502

I'd say NZ should see at least 1 store in the next 18 months! Auckland or Wellington.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Apple will get there eventually. I'd say within 2 years.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm a little surprised to learn there isn't an Apple store there now. NZ is a high income country.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I don't think we'll get one for years at the least. We simply don't have the demand. Anything we need can be handles by resellers or the Apple website.