Newb Aperture questions

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LumbermanSVO, Sep 25, 2011.

1. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I've been using aperture 3 for a couple days now and there are a couple things that are driving me nuts. Hopefully this isn't normal behavior and someone can help me with it.

1. If I use the straighten tool I am stuck with that tool until I undo the straightening and remove it from the adjustments panel. the only way I can actually keep the straightened image is to either navigate into another function of aperture, like Faces, Places, flickr or quit the app altogether. Am I missing some simple command or button here that will allow me to keep the straightened image without having to leave the picture and come back to it?

2. Flickr syncing is stuck every time I attempt to pull up a Set. If I let it be it will sit there "syncronizing" all night long and never finish. Do I have to remove all my Sets from the website then start over for this to function properly?

Thanks.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

For #1, press Enter after straightening the picture to your liking.

Can't comment on #2, I gave up on Aperture/Flickr integration (I just export pics and upload manually)

3. LumbermanSVO thread starter macrumors 65816

4. iTiki macrumors 6502

I think there is a plug-in for Aperture that will easily send your photos to Flickr