Newb Itunes question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mattmeyeruk, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Mattmeyeruk macrumors newbie

Just got my first imac so be gentle with me. although My wife and I have had iPhones and IPads for a little while.

But I`m setting it up for me and my wife. I`ve set up user separate user profiles but when i go to itunes in her profile it says something about only being able to download one account every 90 days? It says I can proceed but I wonder if it will wipe my itunes which I`ve already set up downloaded all my media to etc?

Can you have 2 different itunes on one computer? We arent concerned about sharing the same library of stuff.

Many thanks.

2. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Yes, each user on the iMac has their own iTunes library and you can associate each user with a different Apple ID as well for cloud synchronisation. I don't know about the message about downloading one account every 30 days I'm afraid. And, if you're still worried about overwriting stuff, you can always reload from backup, right?

3. Macman45, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. Mattmeyeruk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so this implies you can only have one Apple ID on the computer?

Does anyone else on here have different ID`s on different user profiles? and does it create any issues?

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

DON'T DO IT !!! Please do not make the same mistake I did ... I created a new ID with another e-mail to download serials from iTunes store (we cannot watch serials in Italy yet) and it went with the famous question : well, I'm still waiting for the **********g 90 days to pass (-28 now !) ... I'm not even able to use iTunes Match on my computer, that just pisses me off !!! I guess I should have known better ...

6. Mattmeyeruk thread starter macrumors newbie

So it did wipe your first account? and you cant switch back?

7. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Nope, but I cannot access my "iTunes matched" music for 90 days, it is really annoying ... do as you please, but beware and if you get in trouble, don't say I didn't tell you : in any case it's nothing permanent, but 90 days is a lot of time for me !!!