Newb Looking For Feedback

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by zachsilvey, Nov 5, 2009.

1. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

Feb 5, 2008
    Battle Ground
    I have always used pre-made WordPress themes and I have decided to bite the bullet and begin designing my own. Can you give me some feedback on the header I have been working on. The design will be fluid width and will fill all the way from left to right.
  2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

Dec 7, 2007
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    I like the color palette and I see what you're trying to do. The main problem is you're not showing much, so the feedback probably won't be much either until we can browse a page or look at a snapshot of a prototype page with placeholder content. At this point all I say is the proportions are wrong, i.e. the font for the text should be bigger, probably positioned a little higher. The beveled border effect is too big, probably should be smaller, the search box top right is too small, but I can tell eventually it will look great. Not too much to comment about re: the laptop computer - it's not fully realized yet, and it doesn't even reflect like your name. On a side note, expect a few people here to blast your "reflection" shadow thing (and even the beveled effect for your border thing) - some folks can't stand that stuff and see it as outdated or a cheap graphic trick. You have been warned. I like such effects so long as they are SUBTLE. Your demo so far is not that, hence my concern.

So far work on the proportions and add more detail, and when you do I will comment again. Right now it's like looking at a project 1% completed.