Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeFairbanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
I've done a lot of searching and still can't seem to come up with a definitive answer.

I'm a teacher and would love to mirror my Ipad1 or Iphone4 (both on IOS5) to the projector at work. Currently my desktop computer is hardwired to the projector, so the computer monitor is mirrored by the projector. This works fine, but only when I'm sitting at my desktop computer (which makes it so that I have my back to many students).

I'd love to be able to stroll through the classroom while doing math with my fingers on the Ipad. There are also times in which I'm facing my students and have my back to the screen. So I'd love to be able to also use the Ipad while the students see it mirrored on the screen.

I would prefer it wireless, but I don't mind a cord from the projector (if there is such a cord that will link it to the ipad1.

Thanks for any advice.

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Unfortunately, mirroring is only supported on the 4s and iPad 2. However, you should keep you eye on the jailbreak community to see if they come up with a solution for your problem

MikeFairbanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks, but I'm too chicken to hack and such.

I am thinking of fetching the Ipad2, but only if it can do exactly what I need.

Obviously, as a fourth grade science teacher I'd be using a lot of diagrams, charts, pictures, video clips and presentations, so I'd need the mirroring for that. But in particular I'd like to be able to do math with my fingertips (at this age it's mostly multiplication and long division). I don't like using the Mobi pad we currently have. It uses a stylus, and even though it's wireless, it gets glitchy. Plus, you have to look at the screen to write (because the mobi pad has no display). So I have to be facing the screen the whole time I use it.

I don't like being limited.

Stayfly2407

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Thanks, but I'm too chicken to hack and such.

I am thinking of fetching the Ipad2, but only if it can do exactly what I need.

Obviously, as a fourth grade science teacher I'd be using a lot of diagrams, charts, pictures, video clips and presentations, so I'd need the mirroring for that. But in particular I'd like to be able to do math with my fingertips (at this age it's mostly multiplication and long division). I don't like using the Mobi pad we currently have. It uses a stylus, and even though it's wireless, it gets glitchy. Plus, you have to look at the screen to write (because the mobi pad has no display). So I have to be facing the screen the whole time I use it.

I don't like being limited.

Yea go with the ipad2 that and the iphone4S both have dual core processors and the original iPad and other iPhones only have one processor that's why they can't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.