Newb Questions: Type ahead, texting photos, etc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by camcam, May 12, 2008.

1. camcam macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am new to the iPhone and totally unfamiliar with Macs.

So far, I am sort of frustrated that there isn't much of a control panel where I can change the settings.

1) I want to disable the "type ahead" feature. You know, how it guesses what word you're trying to type? It insists on putting its suggestions instead of what I've actually typed. Funny example: in the mall, my husband texts me saying, "Where are you?" I want to say, "By the PJs" meaning by the pajamas. However, it insists on putting PMS instead of PJs. Drives me batty.

2) I want to be able to receive text messages from my family that include photos. When they send me stuff, it tells me to go to a web page with a complicated user name and a complicated password...oh, and my iPhone can't copy and paste?! So I have to memorize it or write it down...I just want the picture to pop up. And I want to be able to send photos to people thru texting, not just through e-mail.

Thanks in advance!
    cam

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

1) Hit the x that pops up when it makes a suggestion. If you do this twice it'll stop suggesting that replacement.

2) Not possible with the current software.