iPad Newb To iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by solar240sx, Nov 9, 2013.

1. solar240sx macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I ordered a iPad Air through T Mobile on 11/6 and should be getting it sometime next week.

This will be my first Apple product and first tablet (sort of) and was wondering what I should initially expect to see differently from Android and Microsoft operating systems ?

I had a Nexus 7 for a day, I liked it right away, it had a great display and was very smooth and was able to sync up my email and other apps I have on my phone. I did realize though, that the 7" screen wasn't big enough for my needs; I primarily want to use it for reading news and books, checking email and playing games. Then it had issues with suddenly restarting and losing wifi connection so I took it back. I decided to get a bigger and better tablet; I couldn't resist the offer T Mobile had for the Air, hopefully I made the right choice.

I know a lot of you are very passionate about Apple products compared to other product lines out there, so I don't want this thread to turn into a hate war about Android and Windows lol. :)

Thanks for your replies.

2. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Check for your favorite apps in the App Store, see how fast safari and mail are and enjoy.

It really depends on what you want the tablet for the Air will handle anything you can throw at it, but at the end of the day it's about the apps.