newb trying to install updates

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by discotree, May 5, 2008.

1. discotree macrumors newbie

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

uhh...Go buy leopard. I think thats an old OS from Apple back in the 2002s. I think its called Puma. I think you can get a discount for Leopard...I dunno though. You have to check with Apple. Or at least you can go for Tiger.

The current OS is 10.5.2

3. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

It has been a looong time since I have updated to 10.1.5, but I seem to remember needing to install a security update first. It had to be manually installed, that is to mean not using software update. Search Apple's download section of their support site. Look for any updates during the 10.1 period. And good luck.

As stated earlier, your best option is to upgrade your ram and install Tiger (10.4). This will need to be purchased, however. It is not a free upgrade.

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Wow, 10.1. For those of us that were using Macs back then, we'll remember how 10.0 was basically a beta and they gave away 10.1 for free (until a certain date, then it was $20). 10.1 made it usable, that's about it. Most apps at the time just skipped 10.0 and 10.1 and required Jaguar (10.2). Regardless, Jaguar is six years old and you'll be hard pressed to find a copy. Good luck.

5. discotree thread starter macrumors newbie

whoops! I meant to say I'm at 10.4.11

sorry about that. First post has been fixed.

My lack of observations along with my updates are good. thank you!