newbe with a Macbook battery problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ohplezz, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ohplezz macrumors newbie

Hi my name is Danny. A couple of months back I bought my girlfriends macbook. Its a white 1.83 intel dual core macbook. She had to have the battery replaced before I bought it from her. I had it for a couple of months and it worked perfectly but recently I had to go overseas for a month and a half
    and I did not take my macbook with me. Now it will not work without plugging it in to a outlet. The battery holds a charge because it you push the little button on it a couple of the little green lights come on. I was wondering if any of you guys had some tips for me on what you think is wrong with it and what I need to do. I have to warn you. I'm not a tech guy so please dumb it down if you have any ideas. :DThank you, Danny

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Are the battery's lights on continuously whenever you have the power adapter connected?

3. madog macrumors 65816

madog

4. ohplezz thread starter macrumors newbie

h

Did the update and I still have the X in the battery box and the thing only works when plugged into the wall. Thanks for the info on the possible bring back option. I'm going to take it to the apple store this week to see if they will give me the new battery. This is my second apple notebook. The second one with a defective battery.:mad: the G4 now the macbook WTF apple?????

5. madog macrumors 65816

madog

More like "WTF Sony" with their ****** batteries. (hey, at least [most] of the exploding batteries they made didn't get used by Apple as with Dell).

6. timestoby macrumors 6502

lolz hi,my name is danny and i have something to say.

7. ohplezz thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it the battery or is it the software thats the problem? If I buy a new battery will it work?

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Possibly. Did you take it in to the Apple Store? It should be covered by your warranty.

9. erstwhilepo macrumors member

10. ohplezz thread starter macrumors newbie

No. just when I push the button. I'm going to take it in next week.

11. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, then you definitely have a hardware problem, although it may not be with the battery.