NewBeee iPhone questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vstephenson, Feb 2, 2010.

1. vstephenson macrumors member

Hi
    Going to buy a 3Gs tomorrow (first iPhone) but have a couple of questions...

I currently have an imac running iTunes with my library that I sync all my iPods (inc Jailbroken Touch) and I use a MBAir for work/travel

I would like to sync my iPhone with MBA as primary because of all the work stuff/using Omni apps etc and I was wondering if I can copy my apps in the iMac library to the MBA so i dont have to buy them all again?

Dont really want to have a second music library so will I be able to also sync the phone on the iMac to bring over some playlists?

Generally i'm a bit confused about having one master library and syncing on another Mac, it could be my age, you start to get confused at my age!

any thoughts or ideas?

Cheers
    Vin

2. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

First off, congratulations on your first iPhone.

To answer your question, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. But there is a Mac application called Syncopation. Macworld wrote something about it back last year. http://www.macworld.com/article/139515/2009/03/syncopation.html.

What it won't do is take the music from your iPhone and put it on your mac. And it doesn't look as though it syncs iPhone apps.

This is also an application called Powertunes. It helps you manage multiple iTunes Libraries.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you in case it does.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If I were you I would buy mobile me. Sync with your main computer and then use mobile me to manage contacts etc etc via the cloud.