Newbie 2010 MBP Hard case + sleeve frustration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cityangel, Feb 15, 2011.

1. cityangel macrumors newbie

I have got my first macbook... a 2010 13" macbook pro unibody

I have 2 kids under 3 and so I need to really protect it

I am struggling to find a protective hard cover it needs protection when being used.
    - just as soon as I make a deicision then delving into the reviews suggests they scratch :mad: ideas =
    Incipio feather
    Incase
    Speck -reviews suggest scratching

Then if I settle on a hard case I want to get a sleeve.... but with the case on a 13" I think I'll need a 15" sleeve? One that is shock absorbant in case it was dropped etc.

Then I need to find a keyboard cover.... :(

I appreciate there are many similar threads already but I just keep getting lost in the detail :eek:

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

scratch? lies. I've used both the speck hardshell and the incase hardshell (incase is currently being used) and i've never had a scratch, even around the edges where the fit is rather tight.

As far as kb cover goes, I have the "KB Covers" from kbcovers.com. The fit is good but it rubs off on the screen so you'll have to clean it occasionally.

3. hawse771 macrumors member

As far as hard shells go, the only thing I've read negative is that Speck's are harddd to get off once you put them on. So I would go with either the incipio feather or the incase.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a incipio feather case because it looks thinner then the incase, but I wish I could see one in person or read a review that isn't outdated.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I use a Speck clear case (comes off easily when I want to remove it) a keyboard cover and travel with a soft sleeve ... MBP is still like brand new :cool:

5. cityangel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for all the feedback, does the soft sleeve you have OC need to be 15" for a 13" with Speck case?

6. c0mplex macrumors newbie

I have the speck satin for my 13" MBP and use an incase soft sleeve to further protect it. It's like brand new.

7. Vod Kanockers, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

Vod Kanockers macrumors newbie

- I have a Speck satin black hardcase on my MBP 15 and it comes off rather easily for cleaning and has never scratched at all.

- For a sleeve IMO you can't beat the Booq Vyper: Tough as nails on the outside, very cushioned on the inside, zippers do not touch the Mac when closed and made in varying sizes to specifically to fit the MBP family. It offers an extra bit of protection when my MBP is in my backpack.

For a keyboard cover, when I use one (generally when I'm having a cigar while on the Mac) I have a Moshi...I like how thin it is, and most people don't even realize it's on there.