Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
UK
HI guys glad i found this forum and joined:)
On monday purchased a 3G 8GB from my Orange store.Downloaded iTunes and sync phone etc and started to browse as this is the 1st iPhone i have owned.Already had a problem No Wifi.So phoned Orange iPhone technical and went through various things with the guy that didn,t work.Was told to try local hotspots in my area but also didn,t work all i get is "Unable to join Network " and then prompted to Dismiss everytime.Phoned Orange again and was told to backup IPhone with iTunes and restore and then remove iphone contents and settings.All abck to factory default now.Tried to join my home wifi and all hotspots again and nothing just the same message.Phoned Orange for the 3rd time and was passed to Apple UK technical support who have requested the phone back and i will be given a new iphone in 7 days time.
Well i hope this one will work and i can enjoy it.Sorry to bore everyone but thought i would let you all know incase others as i read are also experiencing the same.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
return it and buy a 3gs, you'll regret keeping the 3g.

p.s. despite the name the 3g has almost everything in-common with the 2g and almost nothing in-common with the 3gs.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
UK
Thanks for that info i was totally unaware of that.Will see if the next 3G works.Iam stuck in a contract now that cannot be cancelled as i have already tried.Maybe i can talk them into a 3GS?
Will see the outcome of the next one first.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
UK
Just heard from Apple and they are sending me a replacement 3G.Question is though do i sync my original back up from itunes to the new phone or start with a new sync just incase the original back up stuff is corrupted?
What do you guys think? as i don,t want this problem again(famous last words :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.