Newbie app store question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by guidoverduci, Apr 2, 2010.

1. guidoverduci macrumors member

Sorry for the newb question, but I'm not super familiar with itunes. I'm getting an ipad tomorrow and I've downloaded and purchased a few apps with my wife's computer. I'm purchasing them with my apple id, but I will be away from my computer till monday so I needed her macbook to purchase the apps and sync it to the ipad tomorrow. Am I going to be able to transfer these back to my computer on Monday?

2. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

The apps that you downloaded on the computer will stay on it when you sync it with the iPad. :)

3. guidoverduci thread starter macrumors member

so what happens when I go back to syncing with my computer? Since I don't have any ipad apps on my computer will it erase them when I sync?

4. Justinf79 macrumors 6502

Justinf79

Nah, the apps on the iPad will stay, and the apps will get backed up on to your comp when synced.

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

You can transfer any apps and iTunes-purchased data from the iPad to the new computer. But any data that did not come from iTunes, such as music from your own CD's, will be lost, and only remain on the original computer. You'll have to copy that stuff from the old computer to the new one manually. You will also lose any music playlists you may have created.