Newbie asking some questions...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airfang, Apr 30, 2007.

1. airfang macrumors regular

1. By default, when lid is closed, system will sleep, but what if I only want to power off the display? Is there any settings for it? Check around system preference didnt have any luck..

2. How do I set charging threshold? Say, only start charging when battery is below x%..

3. Command + m is minimize a window, what if I want to restore the window of certain application if it is already minimized?

4. What is the keyboard shortcut to access the menu bar of an application on top of the screen? Didn't find it in the shortcut list..

Thank you guys~MBP ftw

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Welcome to Macs mate. They're a little different, but I'm sure you'll grow to love 'em.

Plug a device such as a mouse, keyboard or external display into the machine and it'll wake back up again when the screen is shut.

It's already set at about 95%. I guess there's probably a way to change this, but I can't imagine it'd be worth it, not to mention the warranty repercussions. :eek:

Sorry mate, I don't know of one. :(

CONTROL-F2 should get you there. :)

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

it's possible with safari, if you minimize a window, you can get it back if you hit shift-command-f , the window will come back but alas in fullscreen view, if you hit the combo again fullscreen is off and it's back to the previous size.