Newbie Buying a first Mac.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by musclemuseum, Jun 27, 2009.

1. musclemuseum macrumors newbie

musclemuseum

Yeah, like I'm going to tell you. Cydonia.
    Okay, so I'm a freshie in high school, and I really want a CHEAP Mac. Mostly because of GarageBand (for my band), and all the cool features, and just a labtop. I've been looking on Ebay and found some good deals.

Anyone have any advice? I've been looking for some less than 700 preferably.

Thanks!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would strongly suggest a refurb, but with your pricing, eBay is probably your best bet. Just be careful and do your homework.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Apple is currently selling White MacBooks with the nVidia chips for 579 in its refurbished store, as well as a first generation MacBook Air for 749 if you can stretch to that.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

This sounds like an excellent suggestion and I agree with it. Personally, I wouldn't touch eBay for something such as a computer - yes, I know there have been success stories, but there have also been nasty scams - and I'd strongly recommend that you try Apple's own refurbished models. They come with all of Apple's guarantees and warranties and are usually offered at avery competitive price.

Cheers and good luck

5. musclemuseum thread starter macrumors newbie

musclemuseum

Yeah, like I'm going to tell you. Cydonia.
    really? i only saw them for 749

6. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

That might be in pounds, since he's from the UK.

Yeah, the $749 laptop seems to be a phenomenal deal. I'd recommend that if it's in your budget.