"Newbie" checking in

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by crzander, Mar 21, 2009.

1. crzander macrumors newbie

This is my very first post. I bought a Macbook Air 1.66 80G Rev. A yesterday!:) I have been a Mac user for about 15 years and I really like this macbook air. It will be my primary computer. I bought it with applecare, external drive, and ethernet adapter for $850. In the box with everything! Great price. So far I have not had any problems. (

(By the way, I am a USA citizen living in Romania as a missionary. Right now I am working in Michigan at a Nuclear Plant.)

I will be checking in from time to time with questions and comments. Thanks for the forum:eek:

Chuck

2. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Congratz on the purchase! You'll love it :)

BTW, you might want to consider coolbook.

3. crzander thread starter macrumors newbie

4. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

5. dborja macrumors 6502a

Congrats and welcome aboard! I also a Rev A and it's perfect for what I need it for. No problems here :)

6. mshaf macrumors member

No problems here either...I second coolbook though! Expect others to say that you should pay 1200 more for the rev b model but judge for yourself. I cant be happier! Maybe its partly because I switched from a sluggish windows pc.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's an extremely fair price w/superdrive and ethernet adapter. And welcome to MR....:cool:

8. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I've found that it's one main user who goes around saying that the rev A is crap :rolleyes:

9. Miker2k macrumors regular

Welcome to the club. I love my Rev A MBA. Refurb FTW.

10. crzander thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have been using my macbook air now for three days and love it. No problems at all with the rev a. The fan comes on when it is supposed to. Very quit HD. Screen is great. Snappy comptuer:) I was able to remove 3-4 GB by getting rid of not needed languages, print drivers and garage band. I will need to manage this computer more than I had to on others. Everyone in my family has macbooks. I just have the smallest drive. Question: Do I really need this coolbook. So far this is the coolest mac book that I have had. I am not against loading it, but do I need it?

Chuck

11. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Congrats very nice machine. I think that you will love the MBA. It was one of my favorite notebooks.