Newbie - Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macbanda, Aug 22, 2008.

1. macbanda macrumors member

Hello everyone, I just bought my first MacBook and love it! I'm struggling a little bit with the learning curve and I apologize in advance for dumb questions.

Here is my situation: I have lots of VHS videos that I want to transfer to DVD and then take 10 minute clips to upload to Youtube. I am able to copy the videos from VHS to DVD with a home system. My questions are:

1. I used HandBrake to Digitize and save in my computer. I used Qucktime as the type to save as
    2. What program shoudl I use to extract the 10 minute clips so I can upload to Youtube?
    3. Does Imoive work for extracting the video once I've digitized with HandBrake? I would prefer to use freeware programs or something that comes with my computer already.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Not quite sure that I understand the issue. Why not import your clips into iMovie, manipulate them however you wish and save the result for YouTube format?

3. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

instead of using Handbrake, try using MacTheRipper to put the raw DVD video onto your hard drive. then import the .vob files into MPEGstreamclip, set in and out points, and then export.

this way, you're only re-compressing the video once.