Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hydrocity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to jail breaking and I currently have an iPhone 4 running 4.1 and is jail broken.

I want that mobile hotspot feature on my phone but I'm not sure if there is a jailbreak for the latest iOS 4.3.1. Is there?

If not, is there a way to get that feature by jail breaking? I think I remember people getting game center through a jailbreak without having to update their software and losing their jailbreak.

I know about this alternatives like myfi (I think that's what it is called...), but I am just wondering if I can get the actual thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Have you tried google at all or looking at the 1st page or two of post I think you will find all your answers. sorry similar post made at least 4-5 times a day.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to jail breaking and I currently have an iPhone 4 running 4.1 and is jail broken.

I want that mobile hotspot feature on my phone but I'm not sure if there is a jailbreak for the latest iOS 4.3.1. Is there?

If not, is there a way to get that feature by jail breaking? I think I remember people getting game center through a jailbreak without having to update their software and losing their jailbreak.

I know about this alternatives like myfi (I think that's what it is called...), but I am just wondering if I can get the actual thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Currently there is no untethered JB for the latest 4.3.1
There should be one comming out soon but noone knows exactly when.
Yes, you can get tethering on 4.1 thru MyWi, PdaNet or TetherMe.
You cant get the actual mobile hotspot feature cause you need to be on 4.3 and higher but those other JB alternatives will accomplish the same some using Wifi, USB and bluetooth tethering.

Hydrocity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Currently there is no untethered JB for the latest 4.3.1
There should be one comming out soon but noone knows exactly when.
Yes, you can get tethering on 4.1 thru MyWi, PdaNet or TetherMe.
You cant get the actual mobile hotspot feature cause you need to be on 4.3 and higher but those other JB alternatives will accomplish the same some using Wifi, USB and bluetooth tethering.

Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.