Newbie here - which docking station/speakers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by leo-bgh, Dec 20, 2008.

1. leo-bgh macrumors newbie

Hi, hope you can help a confused newbie here! :)

I am looking for a nice docking station/speakers combo for both the iPhone and Nano - but it MUST have a sleep function so that I can drift off to sleep gently with my music playing!

Can anyone recommend any make/model?
    thanks
    Leo

2. nac27 macrumors newbie

I brought my itouch into a store and tested out a TON of different speakers... the best one BY FAR was this one. The ipod "nests" inside of it, so it won't break off, from being kicked or hit or run over by a dog (funny story...) or anything. It's Logitech, and it not only sounded GREAT, with subwoofers and "twitters", but also it could get as loud or soft as you want. It can pump out a lot of power.... It has volume buttons and all sorts of controls... and I beleive it has a remote, but I'm not certain. Pretty much, that's what I want for Christmas more than ANYTHING else...
    Hope this really-long explanation helps! :D

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Here is one of the best finds from Sony. Hurry cause they have free shipping if you're within the US.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

The link does not work

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

My bad, I don't know why I placed the word "here" as the link haha. Thanks for catching it.

6. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I got the Sony ICF-CD3iPSIL... and I love it... works fantastic!! sound quality is top notch for a clock radio... sure the sound quality doesn't = a full on stereo but lets be releastic here... this takes up barely any room and it is after all a clock radio...

7. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Do any of these dock speakers charge the iPhone 3G while its docked.

8. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

most if not all of them should... I know for a fact that the sony does...