Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Hey guys, i've never set up iCloud before, looked at a load of videos online.

I wondered if someone could help with a couple of questions.

Basically i have more/different apps on my iPad to my iPhone, say if i download Pages on my iPad, will that automatically be transferred to my iPhone, is there a way to stop that from happening.

Also say if i take a picture on my iPhone, and i don't want it, and delete it, would that be deleted from all devices and iCloud, or does it ask if i wanted it sent to all devices.

Finally does iCloud work with iTunes from a PC, like if i take notes at uni with my iPad using Pages, will that be then sent to my desktop (PC) or do i need to tell it to send.

Sorry for so many questions, i just don't want random things being sent all over the place.

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
Yes, you can choose which apps will be automatically downloaded on to your various iOS devices by going into the settings of each device, then store, and then turning on or off Automatic Downloads.

If you have photo stream enabled on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) then whenever you take a photo on that device, it will automatically be added to photo stream, so will appear on the other devices on which you have photo stream enabled. Since iOS 5.1, you can now delete photos from photo stream, and then the photo will be deleted from all of your devices using photo stream. To change the settings for this, simply go into settings and the Photo and turn on or off photo stream.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the last question, but there is iCloud syncing for Pages documents that means you can sync things between iOS devices, but I'm not sure that it currently syncs with your PC. I have a feeling that that is only going to be happening when Mountain Lion (the next update to Mac OS X) is released, and even then it will likely only work properly with macs.

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.