Newbie Jailbreaker...some questions...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrodsep, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Hi guys I'm a newbie at this whole jailbreaking thing and wanted to see if you could help me with 2 questions before jailbreaking my iP4.

- If I need my phone to be serviced/exchanged and I restore to factory settings, Does Apple or AT&T know if I jailbroke my phone originally?

- Does jailbreaking ruing my battery life or the overall speedy performance of the phone?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Common questions:

You may want to restore your phone if you plan on getting warranty work done.
    The iPhone 4 so far seems to be taking a jailbreak very well. There have been less reports of wonky battery life and sluggishness than previous iPhone models. That's more of an observation than anything since I skipped the iPhone4.

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

No and No

4. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

No they will not be able to detect that it was previously jailbroken IF you restore as new. If you restore from a backup, a small amount of the jailbreak data will still be on your phone.

It slightly effects the battery life but not in too big of a way. Certain apps can drain it quicker so watch what you download. And if your using a iPhone 4, pretty much no matter what you download, your phone won't slow down.

5. tesilential macrumors regular

Not True.

I'm not blaming the jailbreak, I've installed way too many apps before waiting for updates, but it now takes from 6-15 seconds to open the stock settings app after a reboot. Camera is also about 5 seconds up from 1-1.5.

Of course they open quicker (much quicker), if you have opened the app recently.

What I'm getting at is the iPhone 4 can definately slow down.

Matter o fact, I may need to restore, because playing Real Racing while streaming Pandora is really choppy, to point of not being fun.

6. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Well you must have a lot on your phone then. My settings app takes about 3-4 seconds now and camera just takes about 2-3

7. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

My settings takes about 4-6 seconds to open. My camera app consistently gives me trouble with opening the shutter. The app itself will open fine, but the shutter will often not open (and if it does, it takes about 5 seconds).

Battery life is great!