Newbie mac suggestions& problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macran, Apr 26, 2013.

1. macran macrumors member

I have got a new RMBP 2.4/16/512.

• I see that the battery goes down very quickly even with the minimal browsing and the 50% brightness and with i-message open.It hardly last for 4 hours.How do i maximize my battery life and i am planning to install a VM on it.
    • I set up my mail using my mail app but it intermittently ask for password again and again.Is there any configuration that i need to do to stop the app asking for the password.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    Try removing and re-adding the mail account in Mail.app.

3. macran thread starter macrumors member

Its been like only 2 days and there are 10 cycles on my battery and i have never drained it out to less than 30% but how come my battery is moving faster in term of my cycle count.

I have deleted and added it back still the same and is freaking slow.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's relatively common for a new MBP to have a few cycles already on it when you buy it, possibly from testing, but 10 is a bit more than normal. I wouldn't worry too much about the cycles, as it's still not excessive. After all, it's expected that your battery will retain up to 80% capacity up to 1000 cycles. To fully understand cycles, read WHAT IS A CYCLE? in the Battery FAQ.
    What, exactly is slow? Just the Mail app? Downloading new messages? Or your whole computer? If you just set up a Mail account, it may take some time to sync all your mail to your computer. After that's done, it should move faster. If it's your whole computer that's slow, this may help:

5. macran thread starter macrumors member

When somebody send me a mail it is taking alreast 20 min for me to receive the mail on the app but where as my iphone gets that immediately.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How often do you have Mail checking for new messages?