Newbie mixed up with saving iWeb work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by porcus-belle, Mar 24, 2010.

1. porcus-belle macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

I finally got around to trying out iWeb and spent much of yesterday afternoon painstakingly doing a layout and pages. When the session was over, I followed what for me is the usual approach with Mac Applications - went under File and clicked "Save." I thought it a bit odd that there was no window opening and asking me to name and indicate where to save but figured iWeb must be different.

I came back and opened iWeb this morning and could find not a trace of what I'd done. It was simply prompting me to create a new page. :eek:

Unlike with applications like Microsoft Word where I can pretty easily find temporary work files, I have no idea where to start to even look to see if any of yesterday's work is in some nook or cranny of the computer.

And before you ask... no I hadn't activated Time Machine (but I have now!)

Do I just write it off as a life lesson or is there some place and way I can look for the missing work? For future reference - how do you save a file you're working on but not ready to publish?

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

Go into the iWeb library folder and see if your website is there. It probably is, and if you double click it your saved site will open.

/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.yourfile

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can publish to a folder on your Mac. This gives you chance to check how the site looks in a browser.

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

You can, but you don't need to. The site is saved as an iWeb document (domain.yoursite)....