Newbie needs advice!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by discoleg, Feb 7, 2008.

1. discoleg macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking to get started in web design and have heard that Mac's are better for that sort of thing, only I don't know anything about them and have very little cash to spend on a system!
    I have been looking on (UK) Ebay and I there are lots of Macs listed (I was thinking of maybe trying to get a MacPro?), basically I'm really confused about what I should go for.
    Some advice would really be appreciated! Basically I could do with knowing what is the oldest & cheapest model I could get that would get me started but still enable me to use photoshop etc.

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom!

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

For web design as your primary need, a MacPro is probably overkill. You could save yourself several bucks and consider getting an iMac. It would work perfectly for you and would run Photoshop just fine.

You might consider even the last generation iMac if you can find one. But the new ones are SOOOO nice.

SCR

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I agree... go with the iMac. Mac Pro's cost more and would definitley be way more than what you would need. Look at the 20" iMacs... although the 24" iMacs are amazing.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Do your best to get one with an Intel chip. The older G4s and G5s are good machines and will handle what you're doing, but you'd be better of with an Intel Mac.

6. Abu Inaya macrumors newbie

which Photoshop software?

Hi:

i have began to use my Mac pro to do animation for adverts. i have Maya 7 and was wondering which photoshop software to use to bring my drawings and animations to life.

please help. if i have posted my question on the wrong part of the forum please be kind enough to direct me to the right part of the forum. i am very new to this idea of posting on a forum.

cheers: