Newbie... Problems with Expose & Hotkeys

Discussion in 'macOS' started by leadx, Jun 28, 2007.

1. leadx macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've been a mac fan for about 2 weeks now... the newly converted... raving fan. (2.4 MBP)

I love everything! However, I have one problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have been using expose with hot corners & hotkeys. As well I've been using quicksilver... which are all great. Except sometimes they don't work.

Here's what happens. I'll be using expose to move between documents and then all of a sudden it just will stop working. Seems to do it a lot when I'm in firefox, but it will happen with almost any app.

I'll try using the hot corners or I'll try using the hotkeys or I'll try quicksilver hotkeys but nothing will work. Then after awhile it will start working again. I've not noticed any pattern as to why this would happen.

Funny thing that I've noticed is if I switch to a parallels program and switch back it will sometimes start working again.

Is this caused because I'm in an app and it's using the hotkeys and corners for that app? Is there a setting I need to change to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's extremely frustrating when you're just trying to learn everything.

Many thanks in advance,

Corey

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You probably have a conflict of Hotkeys. Why not try changing some of them in QS and see if that resolves the problem. Or change the Expose hotkeys in the System Preferences.

3. leadx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply... I've actually re-mapped all the hotkeys and it still doesn't seem to work.

It's also weird how the hot corners do not work as well...

Thanks again... but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Is anyone else having a problem like this?

Corey