Newbie Q, adding tracks to iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ron Miel, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Ron Miel macrumors newbie

This seems like its something simple, but I've been trying for hours and I can't work it out. All I want to do is add a few MP3s to my iPod.

No, I don't want a library on my computer synchronized with my iPod, and if I remove tracks from the library, they will also be deleted from my iPod next time I connect. Why would I want that? I just want to add and delete tracks at will. Surely there's a way to do it.

I'm on a PC, by the way.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Set the iPod to be manually synced with your computer, rather than automatically. It's an option in the iPod preferences, accessed via iTunes.

3. Ron Miel thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I've got it manually synched. It will only synch when I tell it to.

But still it wants to copy the entire library, and erase any songs on the iPod that aren't in the library.

How do I just add a couple of songs to the iPod without deleting the ones that are already there?

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

something is missing here. If you have it set to manual it should be. What iPod do you have?

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

How on earth has mad jew replied to the question almost 2 hours before it was even written?

Anyway back on topic, you say it still wants to sync the entire library. Have you unticked every song apart from the ones you want it to sync?

6. nep61 macrumors 6502

Question was at 7:57 pm....Answer was at 6:00am:)

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

This computer begs to differ apparently...:p

Attached Files:

8. Ron Miel thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yes, I've set it to manual. But the thing is I don't know how to add songs to my iPod. I'm sure it's simple, but I don't know how.

Actually, I've got several. One is an iPod Nano 1st generation 1GB white.

perhaps it's because I'm on UK time and he's on US time, maybe.

That's the point. I don't have a library. I don't want a library. I just want to add or delete songs on my iPod at will. And it keeps saying that it will delete every other song that's already on there.