Newbie question about Transparent Dock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by geque75, Aug 2, 2010.

1. geque75 macrumors regular

So, just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (4.0.1). When using Winterboard I try to set my dock to transparent but nothing seems to happen. Is there something else I need to do or is this a flaw?

Thanks all.

2. wake6830 macrumors regular

Same problem here. Most of the themes that come with winterboard do nothing for me, or at least not what they say they do.

3. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

same here as well i thought i was doing something wrong. im new to this jailbreaking stuff so be easy you experienced users.

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

5. geque75 thread starter macrumors regular

I searched on Google and found an old way of getting this to work was to rename the DOCK file used in openSSH to something like SBDockBG.png . Well, I went into openSSH using WINSCP and found that the background files under the transparent background folder were in fact renamed as above. So...

Attached Files:

6. FailasaurusRex macrumors newbie

I believe it's a bug with Winterboard. A majority of the themes that come with the app don't work with the iPhone 4. In good time, I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out! :)

7. geque75 thread starter macrumors regular

I figured it out... I created 2 new transparent docks, named one

SBDockBG@2x.png and the other SBDockBGT@2x.png. Put them into the 'Transparent Dock.theme' folder and deleted the current SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png. Went to Winterboard, selected transparent dock and the dock is gone!

Attached Files:

8. mjfan82 macrumors regular

9. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

^Worked for me too. Still shows the App names and the reflection though. I can live with it though. Thanks!

10. geque75 thread starter macrumors regular

To get rid of the reflection on the dock, go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app' folder. You will need to copy this file into that folder. It will overwrite the current file. Respring and the reflection should be gone.

Attached Files: