Newbie question about Transparent Dock

geque75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
So, just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (4.0.1). When using Winterboard I try to set my dock to transparent but nothing seems to happen. Is there something else I need to do or is this a flaw?

Thanks all.

wake6830

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
So, just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (4.0.1). When using Winterboard I try to set my dock to transparent but nothing seems to happen. Is there something else I need to do or is this a flaw?

Thanks all.
Same problem here. Most of the themes that come with winterboard do nothing for me, or at least not what they say they do.

geque75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
I searched on Google and found an old way of getting this to work was to rename the DOCK file used in openSSH to something like SBDockBG.png . Well, I went into openSSH using WINSCP and found that the background files under the transparent background folder were in fact renamed as above. So...

Attachments

FailasaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

Thanks all.
I believe it's a bug with Winterboard. A majority of the themes that come with the app don't work with the iPhone 4. In good time, I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out! :)

geque75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
I believe it's a bug with Winterboard. A majority of the themes that come with the app don't work with the iPhone 4. In good time, I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out! :)
I figured it out... I created 2 new transparent docks, named one

SBDockBG@2x.png and the other SBDockBGT@2x.png. Put them into the 'Transparent Dock.theme' folder and deleted the current SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png. Went to Winterboard, selected transparent dock and the dock is gone!

Attachments

geque75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
^Worked for me too. Still shows the App names and the reflection though. I can live with it though. Thanks!
To get rid of the reflection on the dock, go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app' folder. You will need to copy this file into that folder. It will overwrite the current file. Respring and the reflection should be gone.

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.