newbie questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ROGERWILCO357, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

well for you guys at least these are two things bothering me first I want to delete one of my email boxes (email accounts) so I hit the delete or remove email box or tab. but I still see it on the string? I see my comcast box and my gmail box , I want my comcast box gone. And last when I am using safari and want to make the window bigger I hit the green button ,tab. And it gets alittle bit bigger I want it to fill the screen is this possible ? thanks hope that made sense

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Confused on your first question but you would have to drag safari all the way to the top left, make your dock hidden, and then drag safari from the little "tabby" thing on the bottom right of safari to the bottom right of the screen. It's not like windows, at all.

Using windows all my life, I loved having things full screened. After two weeks or so using osx I realized having things not fullscreen worked well!

3. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

thanks i

I know I had to fix that it was confusing,..anyway I tried that but my window box will not stretch to fill the screen ? when using the 13in screen sometimes I would like to view the whole screen.you know

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I'm kind of confused as into what you mean about string.

Anyway, I'm guessing all you want to do is delete an email account inside the Mail application? I don't use Mail.app, but if I remember correctly all you have to do is go to the Preferences inside Mail and then go to Accounts, highlight the account and press the (-) button.

5. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

yes

yes i tried that but it is still showing on the screen as one of my mailboxes?