Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
I just bought an iPad and I love it.I would like to get your input on which Desktop to buy. I don't need much RAM. I just use my PC to shop, email,pay bills and post on several forums. I have an HP 64bit running Vista.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Mac mini or the basic iMac will suffice. Or if you want to get another mobile device, look at the MacBook or MacBook Air.
Just any basic Mac will do what you want. You could also look at used models, as any Intel Mac will do what you want, or you could look at Refurbished models at the Apple Online Store for cheaper Macs.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Sounds like you should just stick with the iPad? Is it not doing any jobs for you that's making you want to fork out money on a mac?

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Sounds like you should just stick with the iPad? Is it not doing any jobs for you that's making you want to fork out money on a mac?

Wife likes the 27" screen.

----------

Mac mini or the basic iMac will suffice. Or if you want to get another mobile device, look at the MacBook or MacBook Air.
Just any basic Mac will do what you want. You could also look at used models, as any Intel Mac will do what you want, or you could look at Refurbished models at the Apple Online Store for cheaper Macs.

I will look at Refurbished.Thanks

KingJosh

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2012
Australia
iMac is the best value for money mac out there. Looks beautiful too. Will go great with your ipad. Hold out another month or two for the next gen imac then if you want to get refurb you can get the current gen for refurb price :)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Wife likes the 27" screen.

----------

I will look at Refurbished.Thanks

I don't blame her! :D Its not just a computer its a piece of Art! I'm selling my house at the moment and most comments have been... "ooo you have a mac". :p

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I don't blame her! :D Its not just a computer its a piece of Art! I'm selling my house at the moment and most comments have been... "ooo you have a mac". :p

Heheh! May sound funny, but true... Most people get impressed when they see a Mac. Even at home, I only have a MacBook Pro with an ugly external monitor, but still, people can't help it, and just stare my MBP and the desktop. And when I move a program from one display to another, there's no doubt I would hear a "Wow!".

I also want a 27" iMac. In the OP's case, he should listen to his wife. He's very lucky. And hurry, before she changes her mind. Otherwise you won't see the end of it.

When looking for refurbished, make sure the price difference makes sense. A few 100's difference may not be worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.