Newbie to Jailbraking

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by rimmi2002, Jul 7, 2011.

1. rimmi2002 macrumors member

Hi I am new to apple products. Bought my first macbook pro and ipad. Ipad is awesome. Just was the simple jail break solution online. I was wondering if there any place where I can learn the basics of what it mean to jail break the ipad and some references for newbies on how I can transfer programs after jail breaking. I am new to apple scene, but am pretty familiar with computers overall. Thanks for the help!

2. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Check out www.iclarified.com, there are a bunch of good tutorials on there about jailbreaking and other items of interest. For iDevices in general, visit www.ilounge.com for good info.

3. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

Jailbreaking is like cracking the security system that Apple made for the iPad so that you can have full control of your device, after you jailbreak you will be able to run homebrew apps and add many features that Apple didn't.
    After you jailbreak you shouldn't follow apple in terms of updates cause you need to wait for hackers to release the jailbreak for the new software update.
    Good luck

4. ISO:HELP macrumors regular

ISO:HELP

Hey all..

Really don't want to cloud this MB with another kn00b thread so i'd figure i'll attempt to hijack this one..

OK before I JB the ipad2 I have heard talk of how to save ssh blobs...I want to do this JB clean incaase anything goes wrong..So I want to save those blobs..Yes I am very slow AT jb'ing devices but, I have done ATV2, and iphone 4.0 and am very comfortable with both...

When I jb my iphone i didn't save any blobs...

Could anyone point me into the direction of a good thread that can help me with what kind of prep I should do before i JB the Ipad..

Of course thanks all for any help..

:)

Ed