newbie (to this) question on disk copying

palmerpl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Apologies in advance for what may be a simpleminded question...but...
My system hard drive is just about to go down. I have a new drive ready to go in. I have liked my system setup and don't want to change anything. While the old drive still works, can I simply copy the entire drive over to a new drive and re-bless the system folder and expect the OS and apps to work? thanks.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I'm a bit vague on OS9 now. It's been a while...

What about using Disk Copy? Just a guess.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
palmerpl said:
Apologies in advance for what may be a simpleminded question...but...
My system hard drive is just about to go down. I have a new drive ready to go in. I have liked my system setup and don't want to change anything. While the old drive still works, can I simply copy the entire drive over to a new drive and re-bless the system folder and expect the OS and apps to work? thanks.
Backing files on MacOS 9.2 is really easy. All you have to do is to drag the contents of your MacOS 9.2 computer en masse to a networked volume or a second mounted hard drive. You can then replace your your failing drive with a new one that has MacOS 9 drivers installed. Drag your saved contents to your new hard drive. Restart and you are on your way as though you had never stopped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.