Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdears

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
ive got an older imac ...operating 10.4...downloaded max to transfer flac to apple lossless...ive plugged in the harddrive (a gift) loaded w flac files ..music videos and photos...boy am i lost ...i know how to plug the harddrive in it's showing up but what to do ?
thanks Brett:rolleyes:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Open Max, then open Preferences (CMD+,), go to the Formats "tab", select the format you wish to transcode to from the "Available output formats:" and add it via the + sign to the above list and set everything to your liking.
Then go to the Output "tab" and select the option you like under the Locations: Output files: dropdown list.
Then close the preferences and add the files and folders you like and click the "Convert" button.
Or do you need more simplified help in navigating Mac OS X and such?
Maybe you could be more specific with what you actually need help with?

gdears

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
thank you ...my skills at navigating are poor!
The harddrive shows up on my desktop but when i go to open it nothing is there?!?!?! when i look at the info it says there is not much space left ??how do i open the files to bring into max?:confused:

Nov 28, 2010
located
thank you ...my skills at navigating are poor!
The harddrive shows up on my desktop but when i go to open it nothing is there?!?!?! when i look at the info it says there is not much space left ??how do i open the files to bring into max?:confused:

Have you made sure you scrolled completely up in that empty Finder window?
And what does it say under "Format" in the GET INFO window of that HDD?
Have you also taken a look into the Trash while the HDD is connected, maybe it somehow landed there?

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.