Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezlboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
What is MMS? I know it is not sending a photo via email. I've only sent text messages (not like iChat), just one text message and hit send.

Does MMS allow you to send pictures along with a short text message?

If so, this is better than using email because some people don't have email on their phones?

(oh...won't have an iPhone till next week.)

Thanks

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
MMS is Multimedia Messaging Services. In other words being able to send media through texts like you can on nearly any other phone but the iPhone.

It's key because still the large portion of users don't have access to email, so picture messaging would be nicer.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
What is MMS? Multimedia Messaging Service:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_Messaging_Service

I know it is not sending a photo via email. I've only sent text messages (not like iChat), just one text message and hit send.

Does MMS allow you to send pictures along with a short text message? YES
If so, this is better than using email because some people don't have email on their phones? YES

(oh...won't have an iPhone till next week.)

Thanks

Please search next time

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
multi media messaging.

Attachments

• flamed.jpg
    flamed.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 61

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
In short, it's what allows you to send picture texts (or video texts, or audio texts). Many simple flip phones have had this ability for years, yet AT&T has yet to allow this feature on the iPhone.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
It's key because still the large portion of users don't have access to email, so picture messaging would be nicer.

That is, a large portion of non-smartphone users, not of iPhone users. If you want to send a picture to someone who doesn't have easy access to email on her phone, you can do it using MMS.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
btw

if you are like many off us and on the AT&T network there is a pretty good chance you won't have to worry about MMS next week. Ask you pizza delivery guy for more info about that though. :p sorry op it's a little joke hear it was either that or bunnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.