newbie...what protection do i need?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by entrecote, Nov 8, 2010.

1. entrecote macrumors newbie

whishes: some protection but minimalistic!

usages: using phone at the bus, at work it's just on the table, at gym it's in the bag (i would want that he'll not be squashed...)

when moving from place to place is in the jeans pocket (can be scratched?)

falling situations...dunno...

i would like to keep the touch and the view of the great screen (doesnt understand much at screen protectors) and to keep the back scratches-free (specially the camera).

what should i need?

i thought about proporta aluminium sleeve
    http://www.proporta.co.uk/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=5146&t_mode=des
    but i dunno how comfortable is taking in-out when receiving calls in my jeans...

there's also the group of snap clear/gear4 ice thin/speck seethru

how about just skin protector for the back? (my camera would survive?)

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the otterbox defender is prolly the best for overall protection but it does add bulk if you don't intend to use the holster it would be borderline "big" for jeans front pockets, you could always just use the apple bumper and screen guards for front and back, the bumper might not look like much but you can youtube search apple bumper drop test and you can see that it would help for drops in my opinion the bumber and screen protector is the closes you will get to a naked phone with still some good protection on the phone

3. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I am a huge fan of the Switch Easy Capsule Rebel for the iPhone 4.
    I feel that it is protected very well and yet still doesn't add much bulk to it. You also get 2 dock protectors and 2 headphones jack protectors to keep dust and debri out of those opening.
    They also provide 2 screen protectors, a microfiber cloth, and 2 video stands.
    Just my 2 cents

http://www.switcheasy.com/