Newbie Widget Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xylios, Feb 2, 2008.

1. xylios macrumors newbie

Hi All, I have recently switched from the hideousness that is Windows to the Glorious Mac :) I'm loving every aspect of it, I've had the macbook for about a month/month and a half-ish so I'm still unlearning the Windows way and learning the Mac way. As such, I have a question about widgets and the dashboard.

Is there anyway I'm able to have widgets displayed permanently on the desktop ?

Also given that there are a no doubt a few Mac Veterans on the board here maybe some of you could give me suggestions on killer, must have Widgets.

Thanks in advance for your answers please accept my apologies if this topic has been addressed somewhere else, I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Best
    Xylios

2. xylios thread starter macrumors newbie

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

What kind of stuff are you interested? Maybe then we could better serve your widget needs :)

4. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I use Amnesty. IMO it's well worth the few ducats they charge.

5. xylios thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much to you all for all of the suggestions, it is most helpful.

I'm interested in anything really at the moment I've picked up the wiki widget, dictionary widget, currency exchange widget and iStat, I'm interested in anything cool, anything to do with movies, graphic design, sound design, general mac creativity, also I'm interested in statistical and system diagnostics....

Any suggestions on that wide and strange list of widget interests would be awesome. I'll look into both Amnesty and Dev Mode Trick! :) Thanks again guys :)

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Something fun is Chi Pet. It's a little chia pet. I like it, even though it serves no purpose :)

Also I like movies, so I have a Tomatometer (based on the site Rotten Tomatoes) that gives me all the movie reviews.

And, of COURSE, Sing That iTune :)

7. xylios thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks heaps for the responses I'm getting great results with the suggestions. Keep em coming! Cheers :)

8. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog