Newbie with a Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TeamHotch, Mar 21, 2011.

1. TeamHotch, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

TeamHotch macrumors member

TeamHotch

Got my very first iphone a month or so ago and fell in love with it. lol. Always had nokia and made the switch and will never look back. Of course when i was familiar i JB it and got some stuff from cydia.

Just today though there seems to be a battery drain. Before i could get to 9/10 at night with 40% left. Now i seen to be dropping 4/5% an hour.

3G is on a i have no wifi local.
    Bluetooth/location/ etc all off.

Installed -
    Lockinfo
    Opennotifier
    pop up blocker
    Activator (although i dont use this its just there with something else)
    Bite SMS
    Camera buttons
    chatpic
    Five icon doc
    lockscreen clock hide
    mail enhancer

Also the usual apps boxcar, facebook, twitter, a few games (fifa 11, dead rising, wolf 3d, sky sports apps, Safc app, doctor who game, doom, bbc news.)

Anything here that could cause battery drain or is my battery drop average with what i have installed?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I should add there was a interruption to charge on saturday night. Wanted a full charge cos i new i'd be out and busy all day sunday. when i got up sunday morning the iphone said 94% battery doctor said 97% yet it had been charging most of the night.

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Try to close all running apps in the tray before going to bed and trying again.
    Or ttry calibrating. run it all tew way down or most of the way down and then juice it all the way back up without using it during charging.

3. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Thank you for the quick reply. I do calibrate fairly regular let it drop to 5/6% battery and fully charge. I've litterally only just discovered the apps in the tray bit in the last half hour (how would we cope with out google!) so i will be trying that for sure tonight. Its just about to drop below 20% again for the second time today so i should be able to give it a full decent charge tonight.

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

jeez 20% twice in a day?!
    are you streaming and playing games all day o.o

5. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

sometimes when the battery is at 95%+ it won't charge.. to save some life on the battery.

6. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

LOL no. I'm a social network addict so i do tend to jump on twitter and facebook regular. and of course the ipod function. other than that just the usual odd call. lots of texting, and emails.

7. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

ah ok. so that incident saturday i thought was an interruption to charge may have been nothing,

8. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Put SBSettings on it, then use it to kill apps by going to Processes and turning them all off. Simple and sure. Do it every time you finish using the phone for anything other than a call.

9. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Something yesterday worked. Before I posted I uninstalled open ssh and at the point if going to bed I shut all open apps and dud a sift reset as suggested. Charged with battery doctor over night and made sure it did a 20 min trickle charge. By this time yesterday I was hitting below 50% and dropping fast. By 5pm I was on 6%.

Today I'm currently on 94% used twitter and texts as normal. Posting now from my iPhone. So much better.

10. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Oh the other thing I did was deleted an email account. I had 2 pushing one of which I hardly use so I deleted that one.

And after typing both those posts out battery still 91%

11. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

If you leave Open SSH on at all times it does drain your battery a lot. At least this was the case for me. So it does seem like this also is what happened to you. Glad you fixed the problem.

12. TeamHotch thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Funny thing is I never ever used open ssh and wasn't aware it was there. Very pleased to have fixed the problem without any great loss.