Newbie with quick question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lgrulz, Jun 27, 2010.

1. lgrulz macrumors newbie

Am picking up a iphone4 in the morning and trading my 3gs for it. The new phone comes with a sim card? All I would have to do is connect to itunes to activate it? Any help or tips appretiated. Thanks.

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

3. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

That's how it works. Unless they activate the iPHone in the store, then it is even easier!

4. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Backup your 3GS before switching to the iP4. That will let you restore all your settings onto the new phone.

The new phone comes with a sim, just plug into iTunes to activate and sync.

5. lgrulz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks a bunch that's what I was hoping for. What a much better experience than over in the ppcgeeks forums... Thanks again.

6. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Since we are talking about the iPhone 4 here, check the volume buttons are correct (+ on top), check the screen for any transparent yellow spots, take a picture with both cameras and check the camera flash works before leaving the store. These are likely not issues with your phone but others have seen it.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Also check to see if your lock button is very loose. Mine is :(.

8. lgrulz thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha sounds like alot of fun. I'm actually buying it from a private party unopened. But will open and check it out before they shoot me and take my cash... We are meeting at a walmart so wish me luck:rolleyes: I've only had my 3gs for a short time can I get apple care transferred over to iphone4? So really the volume buttons have been backwards? HAHAHAHA!

9. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Dunno about AppleCare rolling to another phone. Yup buttons have been pictured reversed.

If you are buying from a private party you will need to get with ATT to get your 3GS line rolled over to the iP4. Leo Laporte found that out the hard way. One other option would be to trim your 3GS sim down to microsim size used by the iP4, then you would not need ATT involvement. There are instructions and templates online to do this.