Newbies need help/advice "boot-to-homescreen' problem on 3 days old 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CBR900RR, Oct 11, 2008.

1. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

3 days old newbies here, was a long time blackberry user 7105t>8700>8800>8310, glad I found this active forums, my main use of this phone is the media and internet, don't really care about the push email.

Purchase and receive the iphone 3g 3 days ago 10-8-08 from AT&T.com, it comes with OS 2.02?, so I download and install itunes 8.01, plug in my iphone 3g and it update it to OS 2.1, and everything else are stock, no 3rd party apps, non jailbreak.

I am having this random boot-to-homescreen problem, mostly using the safari web browser in landscape mode, it also does that but not as often in portrait mode, checking email etc random.........

Did I get a lemon, should I return it for another one?(I had already apply the bestkinsever full body skin)

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

what do you mean boot to homescreen problem? Does it restart randomly? or does it just freeze and you have to restart it? You should try a restore, it may help

3. CBR900RR thread starter macrumors 6502a

What I mean is in the middle of web surfing, page freeze, black out and than it went to home screen. I already did a restore and it is getting better, is this a common problem, or hardware problem, should I take it back to the apple store for a new one?

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Unfortunately, welcome to the iPhone. The safari crashing problem is a well known one, and something that replacing your phone won't fix.

When the first iPhone came out it was horrible (safari crashes, anyway), but gradually got better over various software updates. The same thing is basically happening now. Just keep up with software updates, so that you are always running the most current version.