Newbie's question on iLife and .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by htchang1987, Dec 1, 2007.

1. htchang1987 macrumors member

Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference between a brand new set of iLife with the one (iLife suite) which has already included in the installation cd? Is it that the brand new set has much more additional functions? Another question is that am I supposed to buy a .mac account in order to use the iWeb full functions? Or when I purchase the brand new set of iLife I can access to the full function of iWeb? Thanks for advice.

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

they are the same, except the iLife loaded from the install DVD will have every option (garage band loops etc.) loaded.

for the second part, I don't have experience with iWeb, sorry

3. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

You put your website you created with iweb on a ftp server. But problem will occour if it comes to update it. From my understanding you need to upload everything for everyupdate. which does not make sence. And some of the feautures are missing as i know. exp: comments

4. htchang1987 thread starter macrumors member

So do you mean that by getting the brand new set of iLife will fix the problem or I have to have a .mac account to get full access?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Nothing is locked, but you would need a .mac account to upload anything to the web. Or some other way to host your site, to do it that way choose file>publish to folder, and then ftp that file where it needs to go to be online