Newborn Mac user....need help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by silverpony, Aug 16, 2011.

1. silverpony macrumors newbie

I just came over from the PC side (and wonder why it took me so long). Specs on 27" iMac are 3.4 i7, 16gigs ram, ATI 2 gig vram, 256 SSD internal, 3TB external firewire drive, 1TB external USB drive and a 500 Gig external usb drive for Time Machine.
    I store my photos on the 3TB drive and have tried to use some of them as wallpaper. I went through the menu in the "Change desktop backround" app. Went to the bottom and clicked the "+" sign and added the proper directory. The photo I chose shows up in the box and desktop is set to that photo....until I reboot! Then is comes up with the Galaxy wallpaper even though the one I chose is still shown it the "desktop" app.
    Can anyone help me?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I guess the external doesn't wake up during the boot so it can't obtain the wallpaper from there. I would try moving the wallpapers to the internal HD.

3. silverpony thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS! I will give it a shot. By the way....I really am surprised at how much more I am enjoying this over the Windows system. :D

4. tonka2 macrumors member

Not sure if this will help you, but I recently used this tutorial to add a wallpaper folder to my Pictures file, which I opened in Desktop/Screensaver file: http://macs.about.com/od/switchersnewusers/qt/wallpaper.htm

Hope this helps you.