Newby Say's Hello

Discussion in 'iMac' started by asimmd, Mar 24, 2012.

1. asimmd macrumors regular

Hi All

Joined today and this is my first post.

Really just to say hello,and say that I don't yet have a Mac.

I was going to buy an iMacMC309,but all the advice is to wait for the new models to be available,whenever that may be.

I only want it so I can run Logic Pro 9,I am a guitarist who plays and records to backing tracks.

At the moment I am using a Home buit PC,but I originally started my recording with Notator on the Atari,then tried Cubase - Logic Audio (excellent) Sonar X1D not fussy.

So there we are,I like the way of working/editing in Logic,and now I am due to retire in August,I thought it time I went back to my roots.

OK,enough from me,no doubt there will be a lot of questions when I finally buy the Mac,so until then bye.

Alan

2. Schnellpanzer macrumors newbie

Hi Alan!

I'm also a newbie, waiting for the new iMac. I'm working with www, photo and graphics, and am very exited to try out the world of Apple, after many years working on pc's.

Good luck to you! :) (and myself) ;)

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Hello to both of the newbies waiting for the iMac refresh. I'm doing the same. I'm fed up with my old dell and the world or Windows. Can't wait to get my hands on a new iMac. I just wish they would hurry up and release it! I'm on here most days at the moment looking for any signs its on its way. Hopefully only another month or so to go. Would have made the switch a while ago but I had to convince my better half. When I took her to the store and she said where is the tower, I think she was convinced Apple was the way to go. We love our ipods, iphones and ipad. Can't wait to complete the family.