Newegg

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PrinceAvalon, Feb 11, 2010.

1. PrinceAvalon macrumors member

I don't know if this is the right place but looking at the main board it seems best fit here....

I noticed Newegg used to sell Macs, why don't they now? Did they do it technically w/o Apple's consent and they stopped it or did Apple just decide to not want them anymore as an "authorized" seller or was this something done on Newegg's conviction?

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Newegg tend to carry things that sell. Likely the low mark-up combined with just not a lot moving (why buy from NewEgg when you can buy direct from Apple and not have to worry about paying for shipping returns/restocking fees/etc?) are contributing factors.

All said with extreme love for NewEgg, I probably spend about a grand a year minimum with them, but yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense for them to carry Macs...

3. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I could be mistaken, but I don't think NewEgg was ever on Apple's short list of authorized Internet resellers.

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

BestBuy isn't on that list and has a full department dedicated to Apple's offerings.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well they still sold their stuff.

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Umm, I didn't claim NewEgg never sold Apple "stuff", I just said I didn't think they were ever on an authorized Internet reseller of Apple products. Please continue reading to the next section if you don't understand what "authorized Internet reseller" means.

Well then, if they're not on the list, we can assume what Apple says is true:

"Please be aware that if you purchase a product over the Internet or through a catalog from a Reseller who is not on the list, you are not buying from a reseller authorized by Apple to make Internet or catalog sales."

(Emphasis added)

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

So in effect you had nothing to add to the discussion. Good job. What goes around comes around.

8. PrinceAvalon thread starter macrumors member

Well I would buy computers direct from Apple....

iPods... I got my Touch at Best Buy.. should I not have lol?

I was just wondering why they disappeared.. is all....

9. PrinceAvalon thread starter macrumors member

I don't get it though if Apple controls the hardware and certain places that aren't on their approved list.. how and why do they get some to sell and why doesn't Apple stop them if they don't want them or authorize them to sell their machines?

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's a list of online sellers. It's not intended to include in-store retailers.