Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustGretchen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Anyone know good alternatives to the NewerTech ministack. I'm going to get a new mini but need a nice HDD case to go with it that supports SATA and doesn't look like crap.... i.e. I want it to look like it belongs.

What are you using with YOUR mini? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
Anyone know good alternatives to the NewerTech ministack. I'm going to get a new mini but need a nice HDD case to go with it that supports SATA and doesn't look like crap.... i.e. I want it to look like it belongs.

What are you using with YOUR mini? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Rosewill RX81-MP-SC - bought from Newegg (but I won't post a link because the Macrumors forum silently inserts a referral code which I think is scummy.)

Great enclosure, solid build and nice appearance. supports eSATA, FW800/400, and USB2. Well built & goes well with my Macbook Pro. The only downsides are installing the bare drive takes a bit of work (the enclosure has a lot of screws) and the LED is bright (but easy to disconnect or cover internally with tape.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.