Newertech powerbook battery rocks!

ET24551

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2010
Newer Tech batteries DO support Apple Safe Sleep

When I called the Newer Tech tech service guy, he said that the batteries no longer support Apple sleep mode.
Sorry to reactivate a dead thread, but I had to comment on this. I've tweeted with NewerTech & just got off the phone with OWC. All of their batteries DO indeed support Apple Safe Sleep. They said if one you purchase doesn't, then it's defective.

~ E

dixie318

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
Southern USA
This thread has one hell of a history. Seems like there's been some good and some bad things about these batteries. Which leads me to chiming in, actually. I'm going to need a battery for the Clamshell when I start taking it on the road this September, and I have the option of either the 63 watt hour or the 75 through OWC. I'm not willing to spend almost as much on a battery from Ebay with questionable origins, nor anything with the actual cells made in China, so I figure the outlay pays for itself with awesomeness.

Anyone have experience with the Clamshell and the NewerTech batteries? What kind of battery life are you going to get out of the big one? They say 66% more, but more than what? Apple claimed 6 hour battery life when they released the machine, but somehow I'm guessing that's a wee bit optimistic.
I'd love to hear if you (or anyone else reading this!) actually purchased the NewerTech battery for a Clamshell and if so, what your experiences with it were. My Clamshell's battery is completely dead, PRAM and all, and I am looking to buy a new battery for it. In another thread of mine, I was recommended NewerTech. I feel the same way as you did regarding eBay batteries, so I'm leaning toward NewerTech, but I don't want to waste $75 for a lot of back and forth hassle.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I'd love to hear if you (or anyone else reading this!) actually purchased the NewerTech battery for a Clamshell and if so, what your experiences with it were. My Clamshell's battery is completely dead, PRAM and all, and I am looking to buy a new battery for it. In another thread of mine, I was recommended NewerTech. I feel the same way as you did regarding eBay batteries, so I'm leaning toward NewerTech, but I don't want to waste $75 for a lot of back and forth hassle.
What a shame as the batteries are worth($ wise) more than the iBook itself :(