Newest Airport Express problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sirxavier, Dec 29, 2008.

1. sirxavier macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2008
    I bought an airport express about 2 months ago, it was working perfectly until today when it stopped working all of a sudden. It doesn't appear in my wireless networks list and it doesn't appear in airport utility either.

The light is constantly amber, never flashing and it only turns green for a second after turning it on, then goes back to amber.

I tried to do a hard reset but it doesn't flash the 4 green lights. It just flashes amber for about 15 seconds and then the light turns off completely until I let go the reset button, then it goes back to the constant amber... really strange.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. vorkorsigan macrumors member

Sep 6, 2008
    Have you connected via cable and had a look through the Airport utility?

It will tell you what is wrong if you can connect.
  3. Cliff3 macrumors 65832

Nov 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    You should get a fast amber flash on a hard reset, no greens. If you can't reset it, then it's probably defective. I had this problem with an express I bought last summer. I took it into the local Apple store, the tech confirmed the behavior, and a refurbed replacement was authorized. A new one off the shelf would have been nice, but the refurb is working just fine (and since I didn't buy the unit from the Apple store I can't really complain).