Newly delivered MBA (2013) has keys grinding against case

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by webstarcool, Jul 17, 2013.

1. webstarcool macrumors member

I just received my MBA 2013 this morning. This time the key pressure feels different on parts of the keyboard from my previous MBA's. On the right side near the enter button the keys feel a bit loose and grinds against the aluminum carved out holes for the keys. Not only does it make grinding sound, but it can also be felt that these keys doesn't touch so light as the others.

Anybody has this experience and what do you suggest I do? Return it?

2. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

Take it to the genius bar at an Apple store with your receipt. They will either fix it or give you a brand new replacement. If it's brand new insist on a replacement and not a fix. The quicker you do it the better.

3. webstarcool thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I'm in Denmark actually and we don't have Apple Stores here. There is one in Sweden 45 mins away from here, but not sure whether they can do anything as it's a different country and they also have different keyboard layouts.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You should probably call that store and let them know of your situation, to check and ensure that they can in fact help you out despite the differences in country and keyboard layout.

5. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

The warranty is International. They will take care of you.