Newly discovered iPhone headphone function

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
well I'm sure everyone who has used the iPhone headphones knows about the way to click and pause iTunes and advance tracks, but if you pause the song first then double click it will go back and start the song over. Just thought i would share this

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
well I'm sure everyone who has used the iPhone headphones knows about the way to click and pause iTunes and advance tracks, but if you pause the song first then double click it will go back and start the song over. Just thought i would share this
Your phone is special - mine skips to next track when doing that, even if I've paused the song first.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
i think youve got one song on repeat.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Yes..I heard that on one of the Apple Phone Show podcasts and it does indeed work on my iPhone...pretty cool...
I was also happy to find that both the pause and the skip work with movies/videos as well...haven't tried the "pause then double click back to beginning" trick with video yet...but I will give it a try...

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Now we just need better headphones with a microphone in and we'll be laughing.

ghostshadow777

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2007
Now we just need better headphones with a microphone in and we'll be laughing.
I was going to order the new V-Moda duo with inline music control but then decided that I didn't like how big the button is, and $100 is kinda overpriced. So I got a pair of JVC marshmallow headphones and "transplanted" them onto the iPhone headphone. They work great and sound so much better. There are better headphones than the marshmallow but the JVCs were rather inexpensive to experiment and a lot easier to disassemble.

Attachments

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I was going to order the new V-Moda duo with inline music control but then decided that I didn't like how big the button is, and $100 is kinda overpriced. So I got a pair of JVC marshmallow headphones and "transplanted" them onto the iPhone headphone. They work great and sound so much better. There are better headphones than the marshmallow but the JVCs were rather inexpensive to experiment and a lot easier to disassemble.
I did this with some Sony's, and I also bought the v-moda with mic and button. I can't decide which I like best. I don't care for the way the Sony's sound, but I like apple's mic/button better. V-moda's sound just fine to me, a lot better than the way to bassy Sony's and other crap phones I've heard. I currently use the iphone contraption for working out, and use the v-moda for everything else.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
it doesn't work for me...I wish it does! I've been waiting for a feature like this since forever and when I read the thread, I was so happy. But, it doesn't freakin' work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.