Newly discovered iPhone headphone function

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdl8422, Oct 31, 2007.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

well I'm sure everyone who has used the iPhone headphones knows about the way to click and pause iTunes and advance tracks, but if you pause the song first then double click it will go back and start the song over. Just thought i would share this

2. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

Your phone is special - mine skips to next track when doing that, even if I've paused the song first.

3. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

i think youve got one song on repeat.

4. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Yes..I heard that on one of the Apple Phone Show podcasts and it does indeed work on my iPhone...pretty cool...
    I was also happy to find that both the pause and the skip work with movies/videos as well...haven't tried the "pause then double click back to beginning" trick with video yet...but I will give it a try...

6. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Now we just need better headphones with a microphone in and we'll be laughing.

7. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

I was going to order the new V-Moda duo with inline music control but then decided that I didn't like how big the button is, and $100 is kinda overpriced. So I got a pair of JVC marshmallow headphones and "transplanted" them onto the iPhone headphone. They work great and sound so much better. There are better headphones than the marshmallow but the JVCs were rather inexpensive to experiment and a lot easier to disassemble.

Attached Files:

8. calvy macrumors 65816

I did this with some Sony's, and I also bought the v-moda with mic and button. I can't decide which I like best. I don't care for the way the Sony's sound, but I like apple's mic/button better. V-moda's sound just fine to me, a lot better than the way to bassy Sony's and other crap phones I've heard. I currently use the iphone contraption for working out, and use the v-moda for everything else.

9. vega07 macrumors 65816

it doesn't work for me...I wish it does! I've been waiting for a feature like this since forever and when I read the thread, I was so happy. But, it doesn't freakin' work!